Best Hair Dryer – Ranking 2018
Regular visits to the salon can become very expensive. In a world where the prices of everything are gradually on the rise, you can’t help but save the little you get. To avoid the extra costs that comes with visiting the salon, you need to get yourself a hair dryer that you can use for your daily grooming.
The Best Hair Dryers in comparison
In this article, we shall do a review of the best hair dryer on the market including their features, pros as well as cons but not deal breakers. The first one is the most innovative followed by the most upscale then the one with the best value for money and lastly the best of the cheapest hair dryers.
The most innovative hair dryer is one that incorporates the latest technology features for enhanced performance. The Dyson Supersonic hair dryer emerged as the most innovative hair dryer. It is fitted with the best tech making it also the best hair dryer.
Our second option is the most upscale hair dryer. The BaBylissPro Nano Titanium was the most upscale hair dryer with the most versatile performance and functionality. It is also a bit overpriced.
If you are looking for an alternative option, then you should be going for the Nition Ceramic Hair Dryer. It emerged as the hair dryer with the best value for money. It performs as expected and you will probably feel the value of your funds.
However, if you still haven’t found your preferred dryer, you don’t need to worry because we have an option left for you. We have the Revlon 1875W as the best among the most affordable hair dryers. You get to experience the same salon quality styling at very low prices.
The most innovative – Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer
How much are you willing to get out of your pocket for a hair dryer? Well, it depends with the characteristics you are looking for. The Dyson Supersonic incorporates the use of latest technology. It is the most innovative and the best hair dryer due to its great features.
This hair dryer has high speeds that help you get the perfect hairstyles in a matter of minutes. It has a special unique feature that checks on the temperature 20 times every second. This ensures you get smooth drying without overheating tresses.Best Price on Amazon
The most upscale – BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Hair Dryer
Everyone has different perspectives when it comes to getting a hair dryer. Well, it depends on the use and type of hair. However, the one that has more power and speed tends to attract most of us. We all fall for hair dryers that have versatile performance.
When you are looking for the most upscale hair dryer, you will realize the power that comes with BaBylissPro Nano Titanium is not limited at all. You cannot a hair dryer to compare with the 2000 watts it produces.
It also has the latest technology innovations fitted to enhance its functionality. It incorporates the Nano titanium tech to conduct high levels of heat and offer satisfying results in just a couple of minutes.Best Price on Amazon
The best value for money – Nition Ceramic Hair Dryer
If you are someone facing problems with your hair, then you might need a hair dryer that offers you salon quality finishes right from your home. However, landing on the perfect hair dryer can be a very challenging task. You will be surprised with the many models and brands available on the market. It can be more confusing when you realize how they all almost look-alike.
We know the good feeling that comes with using a hair dryer that has versatile performance and functionality. We know how much you want a hair dryer with the best value for money as well as longevity. The Nition Ceramic Hair Dryer has more than what it takes for the worth of its price.
This hair dryer incorporates the latest breakthrough technology. It has an air outlet grill that is ceramic coated and is infused with tourmaline, Nano silver and argan oil to help smoothen and produce healthier shinier hair. The infused tourmaline emits negatively charged ions and minimizes the formation of static electricity. It is also responsible for releasing far infrared heat that evenly distributes heat to minimize hair damage.
The Nano silver ion is a safe material that has widely been used in cosmetics, textile, health care, environmental purification and medical treatment fields. With a material that is safe for your hair, argan oil restores moisture and offers a soft, sleek yet shiny look. It a number of uses like shielding your hair ends from splitting, repairing damaged hair follicles, smoothing frizz hair and resisting ultraviolet light.Best Price on Amazon
The best of the cheapest – Revlon 1875W Hair Dryer
Finding a hair dryer with versatile performance at very affordable rates can become more challenging. After loads of research on some of the cheapest hair dryers, the Revlon 1875W emerged as the best of them all.
Revlon 1875W hair dryer is a shine boosting hair dryer that offers runway volumes and fine blowouts very simple. If you need the ultimate Instagram-worthy volumes, you only need to turn on the ion switch or turn it off for smooth blowouts. This hair dryer is also fitted with amazing technology innovations.Best Price on Amazon
A little History
The hair drier is a very important tool in today’s modern world. The first model was invented in the late 19th century by Alexander F. “Beau” Gedefroy at his salon in France. The handheld hair drier first appeared for commercial use in 1920. The very first dryer was a hooded dryer that required you to sit down underneath it. It was powered by a gas stove or chimney pipe to produce heat. The bonnet contained tiny openings that allowed even flow of air.
In 1911, the very first invented hair drier was patented by Gabriel Kazanjian in US. The portable hair driers were available to the public at around 1915. These portable hair dryers were quite challenging to operate and weighed two pounds on average. They had a few electrocutions and incidents of overheating that made them dangerous to use. They were also limited to only 100 watts meaning they took more time compared with the modern hair dryers.
Why and how to use a hair dryer ?
During summer most people don’t use their hair dryers. This might be due to the high temperatures experienced throughout the season. However, if you are looking for better styles with more polish and fullness, you may require the extra sculpting power of a hair drier. Hair prepared with a hair dryer is set and ready for an array of styles.
A hair dryer plays an important role in our daily procedures. Learning the best practices on how to use the machines would be a plus for many. Using a hair dryer is very simple as you can see below;
- Start with a towel-dried hair
- Use a styling product
- Don’t burn your hair
- End on a cold note
- Finish it right
Buying guide : points of attention
- Power – when looking for a performing hair dryer, this is something worth much of your attention. The higher the wattage the better the results.
- Ceramic and tourmaline – ceramic technology helps in controlling the heat of your hair dryer by distributing heat in a more even manner. Tourmaline on the other hand, smoothens hair by sealing the cuticles and retaining moisture.
- Cool shot button – you are definitely searching for the best hair dryer. A hair dryer with a cool shot button means that you can add volume to your hair easily once the hair is dry to set the style.
- Attachments – a hair dryer produces better smoothness when it has a nozzle attachment. It focuses the air flow blowing on the area you want to smooth directly reducing hair damage.
- Heat and power controls – having multiple heat and speed settings on a hair dryer, means that you can style almost all hair types. You can also use higher settings to remove moisture and lower settings to style once the hair is 90% dry.
Do Hair Dryers damage hair ?
We should all agree that as a result of straightening, curling, drying or other hair treatment practices over time, your hair might suffer plenty of damages. It is also easy to assume that the high heat levels produced by hair dryers can lead to hair loss. Well, its important to note that the scalp takes most of the damage.
With dryers reaching temperatures of above 500 degrees, they can easily remove the natural oils from your strands and leaving a dried scalp. It gets even worse when the excess heat inflames your scalp, weakens the hair roots and eventually hair loss.
When asked whether hair dryers are really responsible for hair damage, we can confidently say NO! Hair dryers only make it easier for hair damage to occur especially if not used correctly. It is also important to comprehend the best heat settings for your hair.
How to repair hair damage by a hair dryer ?
No one wants a head of straw! Here are some of the ways to fix the mess of a damaged hair:
- Turn down the heat –you don’t have to swear off hair drying completely. You just need to practice on doing it the way its meant to be done. Instead of rubbing wet hair with a microfiber towel, blot and use heat-protective spray for less damage.
- Shampoo smartly – you might not be required to shampoo daily but whenever you do, you need to drench your hair thoroughly with water before lathering up. Concentrating on the hair closest to the scalp then rinsing with cold water really helps.
- Color sparingly – hair dyes contain some peroxides that breaks down the waxy protective layer of your hair. If you need to apply dye, do it to the roots only then comb it to the ends. You should also get shampoo and conditioners formulated to perfectly work on dyed hair.
- Gentle drying – this is simple and easy. Do not yank too hard on your hair. You also need to keep the nozzle as far away as you can from the scalp.
- Mend your ends – it can be quite expensive to regularly visit the salon. Instead, using a hair conditioner will also give you results that lasts for days.